Hello from the Office of Technology Commercialization and Knowledge Transfer – whew that’s a lot! We’re also known as TCO, that’s easier to remember.
We’ve been around for a long time here at Ohio State, but we’re super shiny and new as of late; a new force on campus to help inspire new ideas and innovation. We work hand- and- hand with students, staff, and faculty— cultivating innovation across campus.
This blog will be to bring you into the fold, give you a taste of what it’s like to create and be a part of our emerging culture. There are so many awesome things happening at Ohio State, it’s never been a better time to apply your twist and turn to innovation.
We’ll touch on a number of topics this winter, things like:
- CoStart- our Student Commercialization Board and what’s it like to run a student startup at Ohio State
- intro to events like hackathons and Startup Weekend, why go to them and what they are for
- our policies and procedures to help staff and faculty get involved and help take their big ideas to a real commercial reality
- short one-on-one’s with licensing officers, inventors, e-scholars, and more
- updates on all of networking events, Technology Review Boards, and how the community connects with TCO
Regardless of the story, the people involved, we’re all after the same mission – to make Ohio State great. Take more ideas to market. Shape the reality we want to see, because WE invented it.