“The 2.0 version is the next step in the evolution of an already popular app,” said Jim Burgoon, director, Web and Mobile Development, University Communications. “The focus was improving the core functionality and ease of use while also building a strong foundation/platform for future improvements.”
The 2.0 version is currently available on the Apple App Store. An Android version is coming this spring.
OSU Mobile is a free mobile app and a “One University” collaboration led by University Communications, Student Life and the Office of the CIO, with various partners throughout Ohio State. Students have had a hand in the app, helping with content, design and development.
Popular features include the ability to view grades and class schedule; real-time bus tracking; an interactive map with the nearest parking, computer labs, and other points of interest; and a way to see nearby restaurants and check a BuckID balance.
USA Today recognized Ohio State this summer as one of “five colleges with great mobile apps.”
What’s new in 2.0?
- Easy navigation: Jump anywhere in the app with just a swipe.
- Simpler log in: OSU Mobile remembers your username.
- Academic calendar is built-in.
- Download your class schedule to your own calendar.
- Create new contacts from Find People.
- Easily configure OSUWireless.
- Improved accessibility. Emergency alert messaging. iPad friendly.
Download the free app at osu.edu/osumobile.